The only other significant internal structure was at the top of the Forward Fairing where the turnaround drogue chutes were connected. After the motors burned out and the frangible joints fired to separate the Boost and Coast Skirts, the drogues were deployed to re-orient and stabilize the Fairing so the CM could be released. Chute loads were taken through an eight-sided "Octagon Fitting" and some support members installed just below the nose cap and transferred through the Fairing's motor troughs to the CM Y-Fittings. When the Y-Fitting frangible nuts were fired, the CM dropped free of the Fairing.
I briefly considered mounting the µMLAS motors in some sort of open structure similar to the MLAS motor cage - emphasis on "briefly." Thrust vector alignment would have been just as critical as it was to MLAS and without benefit of the laser metrology used on the real ship, much less certain. And I doubted I could build anything beefy enough to take motor loads without self-disassembling. So I built µMLAS with traditional centering rings cut from 3/16" and 1/4" plywood. I did the cuts with a DeWalt DW660 cutout tool, then turned the stack of rings on the drill press and sanded them to fit the tube sections. The Coast and Boost Skirts each have two rings - the picture to the right is of the ring stack on the drill press taken before the center holes were finished with a sanding drum.
I've started posting additional pics both of the real MLAS and the model under "Photo Collections." When you're browsing the MLAS shots, keep in mind what we were trying to do: this was a quick-turnaround, low-cost concept demonstrator. You won't see clean rooms, bunny-suited technicians, and precisely machined handling fixtures here - we didn't need them. In many ways, MLAS was just a big model rocket. Emphasis this time on "big."